Litis Stadium Master Plan – Draft Concept Plans
LITIS STADIUM – Draft Concept Plans
We are pleased to advise that draft concept plans have been prepared. These will form a key part of the Litis Stadium Masterplan.
Two concept options have been prepared and the project team is seeking your feedback on both options before finalising the master plan.
The concept plans along with an information pamphlet can be downloaded from the following link:
Provide your feedback
We would love to hear what you think about the concept plans. Additionally, we are seeking feedback on some of our other initiatives. You can provide your feedback by completing our online feedback form:
Alternatively, you can drop into the City of Vincent’s Administration Centre and complete a hard copy of the feedback form.
Please provide your feedback no later than Monday 12 June 2017.
The master plan and accompanying documents will be provided to the City of Vincent by 30 June 2017. The City has advised that it will undertake further community consultation process on the full master plan.
LITIS STADIUM MASTER PLAN
Floreat Athena Football Club (FAFC) is preparing a Master Plan for Litis Stadium to assist future leasing considerations with the City of Vincent.
The Master Plan will provide a vision for upgrades and development associated with the facility over the next 20 years.
SHARE YOUR VISION – Litis Stadium Master Plan
The Floreat Athena Football Club is located at Litis Stadium, adjacent to the Britannia Reserve. The Club is preparing a Master Plan for the future of the Stadium and will form the basis for future leasing considerations by the City.
The City of Vincent encourages the community to participate in this important project.
The Club is responsible for preparing the Master Plan and is very keen to hear the thoughts and ideas of its local community to incorporate into a vision for Litis Stadium. The aim is to complete the Master Plan by the June 2017.
Planning Solutions and Jo Wilkie Consulting have been appointed by the Club to prepare the Master Plan. ConsultWG, an independent organisation is conducting community consultation to ensure that the community has an opportunity to input into the vision for this important project.
The Litis Stadium Master Plan project is centred around the Club’s premises and club rooms at 41 Britannia Road, Mount Hawthorn. It is located adjacent to the Britannia Reserve. (Refer to Study Area Plan link)
The Litis Stadium Master Plan is limited to the stadium and its surroundings – it does not include the remainder of Britannia Reserve. Notwithstanding, it is intended the Master Plan will consider the interface between the stadium and Britannia Reserve. The consultants will also work with the City to ensure our proposals fit within the City’s broader Master Planning framework for Britannia Reserve, to ensure suitable alignment and maximum community benefit of the overall site.
Click on link below to see Location Plan.
ABOUT THE CLUB
The Athena Football Club was founded in 1951 and entered a team in the State Soccer Competition in 1953. It is a not-for-profit community organisation governed by a voluntary Management Committee and is operated almost entirely by volunteers.
In the 1970’s the Club shared space at the Lake Monger Velodrome (now Litis Stadium) with the WA Soccer Federation. During this time, it also used the facility at Perry Lakes as it sought to establish its own facilities. The Local Government, at the time, agreed to help the Club find a home on condition that it changed its name to Floreat Athena. A new home did not eventuate until the mid 1980’s when the Club officially began to play its games at the Velodrome site. It has since been redeveloped and re-named to E & D Litis Stadium in honour of lifetime supporters and generous sponsors.
During its tenancy, the Club has invested significantly in the stadium making it a high quality football venue, contributing the Club’s ongoing success through the years.
- Members: 622 members, including players
- Friends/supporters: approximately 2,500
The Club’s Financial Contribution to Litis Stadium
- Annually – payments for lease, insurances and levies, maintenance of grounds, plant and equipment, cleaning/rubbish removal, power/water and Football West fees.
- Pre-2000 – over $1.2M for upgrades to clubrooms, grounds, stadium lights, Britannia Reserve lights.
- Since 2000 – Approximately $150,000 for upgrades to scoreboard, changerooms, paths/walls, painting, windows, lighting, grandstand seating and ticket booth.
The Club’s Voluntary Contribution to Litis Stadium
- Daily/weekly volunteering for ongoing cleaning, minor repairs and maintenance.
- Regular busy bees for more substantial cleaning, painting, repairs and maintenance.
- Club members donate tools, materials, equipment and consumables.
Current Club User Groups
- Junior teams 6 yrs to 17 years.
- Masters teams, up to 55 years.
- Social teams.
- Amateur teams.
- National Premier League teams.
Non-Club User Groups have included
- Mt Hawthorn Primary School.
- Aranmore College.
- Latin American Association – Annual Community World Cup
- Seniors groups
- Water Corporation
- Melbourne City FC
- Central Coast Mariners
- Perth Glory
- Football West
- Hellenic Community WA
- Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Club
- Rangers Supporters Club
- RSL – ANZAC Day
Some Notable ex-Floreat Athena Players
Socceroo 2006 World Cup, English Premier League, WA State Captain, World Youth Championship Team
WA State Team, Australia U17’s, Perth Glory
WA State Team, Perth Glory for 10 years
Youngest player ever to captain a WA State side at age 22
OPPORTUNITIES TO PROVIDE INPUT
There are a number of ways that you can be involved, click on link below for further details.
- Community Values Workshop:
This Workshop will be held at the Club. It is an interactive event where you can fill out a feedback form, share your ideas and learn more about the Club, its history and operation. The workshop will focus on:
- Identifying future aspirations for Litis Stadium.
- Areas that need change and improvement.
- Interface with the adjacent Britannia Reserve and local streets.
- How pedestrian movement, land uses and natural features can be better integrated.
- A vision for the future.
When: Wednesday 1 March 2017, drop in anytime between 4.00pm and 7.00pm
Where: Litis Stadium, 41 Britannia Road, Mount Hawthorn
Enjoy: Sausage sizzle; kids kick about; meet the players
Please register your attendance by emailing your details to
firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Warren on 0457 025980
- Feedback Form
The Feedback Form asks how YOU would like the Litis Stadium to look and feel.
We strongly encourage you to complete the feedback form and send back to ConsultWG by 10 March 2017. (Refer to Feedback Form link)
Post: 18 Nairn St, Fremantle WA 6160
Completed Feedback Forms can also be dropped off at the Community Values Workshop on 1 March 2017.
Keep Informed and Have Your Say
If you want to stay informed about the Litis Stadium Master Plan:
- Download more information from the Club Website: www.floreatathenafc.com.au
- Look out for regular updates in Vincent News e-newsletter
- Register your interest to keep in touch at: email@example.com
- Fill out a Feedback Form on surveymonkey.com/r/TN7FNXZr or pick one up from City of Vincent Administration or Vincent Library & Local History Centre
- Look out for regular updates on the City of Vincent Facebook page and post a comment
It should be noted that this Master Plan is being undertaken independently by the Club and is not a City of Vincent project. Should you require any related information or clarification please contact the City’s Manager Community Partnerships Kirsty Schnitzerling, on (08) 9273 6000.
Should you require any project related information please contact the Club’s Master Plan Project Manager Trent Will of Planning Solutions, directly on (08) 9227 7970